Thursday, February 24, 2011

Just Chugging Along


    At work yesterday I inadvertently made a hilariously bad pun that confused both me and the customer at the same time. As I brought out a Chuggington Book thingy to a man I did my my usual "Hi, how are you?" greeting. He of course responded "Great now, yourself?". It didn't click with me straight away that I had made a pun, I think it just happened because I was reading the title of the book as I came out to the shop floor. My response was "Oh you know, just chugging along through the day". As I signed off on the receipt I couldn't help but notice that the man was staring at me with a rather large smile. An intense smile if you will. A BURNING smile. This confused me and and the customer, because I didn't acknowledge it immediately. Then I realised I had made a horrible pun. I responded with "Oh my god, that was a bad pun I didn't even notice I made". He laughed and said "yeah, it was". And then left me to grimace at my own embarrassment.

Damn it, it happens just too often.

On a side note, I love bad puns. As Eoin Kelly once said to me about 127 hours "it rocks".

1 comment: